Monday, November 4, 2013

Curry Roasted Seeds

We have been eating so much squash lately that we had to make some roasted seeds. I hate to let anything go to waste. Roasted seeds are well loved around here and snack that you don’t have to feel guilty for.  These roasted seeds are tasty, easy, and the way to go. 



Gourd Seeds (I used a mix between acorn and butternut squash seeds. Any large gourd seed would work, including pumpkin)
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp curry
Salt and pepper to taste


Remove seeds from squash and separate them from the membrane.  I then rinsed the seeds in water and tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion and curry.  I then baked the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet at 400*F for 12 minutes. These were so good, they were gobbled up immediately as a pre-dinner snack that even my picky toddler loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment